I was honored to be interviewed on “Morning Moments with Maia“! We had a super conversation and took a deeper dive into what medical improv is all about and why it is so important to communication, collaboration, and culture!
Check it out or read more below!
If you are getting more curious about the emerging field of “Medical Improv” you will enjoy this interview I had with Maia Aziz, pediatric rehabilitation manager, writer, radio host and president-elect of the Association for Applied & Therapeutic Humor. She hosts a weekly radio show with a theme of casual, thought-provoking conversations with people who are out there “Pushing the Positive”!
- What is medical improv and how is it different from improv comedy.
- How did you get exposed to improv and integrate it with your nursing career?
- Why is assertiveness so important in the healthcare setting?
- What is it about workplace cultures in healthcare that does not allow assertiveness to exist?
- How do we change toxic or unhealthy cultures?
- Can you give an example of medical improv that would help them develop their communication and other ‘soft’ skills?
- What’s your experience been in introducing medical improv to healthcare leaders?
- How do you help participants even they are stressed, frustrated, feel comfortable and safe in workshops?
- What is ‘status conflict’ and how is medical improv helpful?
- What is this “Improvoscopy” thing you are working on?
If you have a chance to listen, I’d love your feedback and always appreciate it if/when you share links.