- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Exciting News! Wendell Potter’s Journalism Project (Tarbell) to Educate Us About Important Issues!
- Passive, Aggressive, & Passive-aggressive Behaviors as a Consequence of Lack of Listening
- Third Door #5: Overheard Mean Conversation!
- Why Selling Trumpcare with “Patient-Centered Care” Sickens the Primary Care Doctor
- “Kindness”, by Dr. Mike Grossman! Lots of helpful wisdom in this nurse leader’s book!
Author Archives: Beth Boynton
Assertiveness is not only about speaking up, ironically it is also about listening and being heard. Being assertive means speaking up about your own needs while being respectful of others. As such, there is an inherent relationship involved in any … Continue reading
Originally published in Nurse.org on 2/22/2017 Dear Beth, I recently overheard a conversation among several home health nurses that I was uncomfortable with, and I’d like to hear your thoughts. Basically, one nurse was describing another nurse’s behavior with a … Continue reading
“Kindness” is a ten chapter book that is rich with stories, exercises, inspiring quotes, philosophy, some wonderful poems, and supportive research! There is a great bibliography too! I believe that Dr. Grossman’s work can speak to us about kindness on … Continue reading