- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Overtime Pay For Salaried Workers?
- Looking for More Joy in Your Nursing Career? “Aspire to Be Inspired” is a Book that Can Help!
- Do Real Nurses and Doctors Care About Rock and Roll?
- “Gibberish Talk Show Host” A Way to Help Nurses & Doctors Practice Sharing Power!
- LifeGift Staff Impacted by Harvey. A Way to Gift Back?
Author Archives: Stephanie Frederick, M.Ed
The Affordable Care Act calls on us to collaborate with other health professionals and communicate effectively with the patients/clients we serve. Yet how do we begin that process? Whether you’re a wellness coordinator, physician, educator, public health director, researcher……we’ve all … Continue reading
“Improvisation is about teamwork, being in the moment, doing the best you can with what you have,….and so is medicine”. —Katie Watson, Medical Improv originator) Health care practitioners and improvisers are driven by the same paradox: the need to prepare … Continue reading
Several years ago I became certified as an Intrinsic Coach®. It was certainly one of the more challenging courses I’ve ever pursued, and I still don’t consider myself the best of nurse coaches. Why? My best guess is that as … Continue reading