- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Wouldn’t Every Community Benefit from a Holistic Health Collective Like the River Guild?
- Article Highlighting Alan Alda’s Work in Communicating Science & The Emerging Field of Medical Improv
- How The Law Of Attraction Might help Nurses and Patients!
- Are You Suffering From Shift Work Sleep Disorder?
- Effective Communication Calls Upon Us to Share Power….Hmmmmmm, maybe that’s why it is so hard?
Category Archives: Complexity in nursing
As an applied improv teacher, nurse, woman, mother, sister, and friend, I think a lot about communication! I study the impact it has on outcomes in healthcare such as patient safety, patient experience, morale, and utilization of resources. I reflect … Continue reading
by Mandy Johnson How to Use a Finger Pulse Oximeter A pulse oximeter is an efficient tool that has helped a lot of medical healthcare teams in terms of patient assessment over the years. This medical device is used to … Continue reading
Our highly respected and compassionate colleague, Nurse Coach and Author Keith Carlson is recovering from a major traumatic injury. And he has a long rehab ahead of him. WE KNOW THIS! Skip the story and jump on the train to … Continue reading