- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Homelessness: A 3-Part Series on Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Introduction
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- An Infertility Choice – Egg Donation
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Help You Decide Whether to Go for Your BSN
- This Simple Activity from Medical Improv Can be Used to Develop Empathy
Category Archives: Democracy NOW
Homelessness: A 3-Part Series on Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Introduction
By Lori Austin, LCSW Recently I decided to raise money for a charity I have passion for, Back on My Feet. This organization utilizes my favorite sport of running to motivate members who struggle with homelessness to motivate themselves to … Continue reading
As an applied improv teacher, nurse, woman, mother, sister, and friend, I think a lot about communication! I study the impact it has on outcomes in healthcare such as patient safety, patient experience, morale, and utilization of resources. I reflect … Continue reading
Op-ed by Kenneth Dolkart, MD Have you ever heard people talk nonsense about something you know about? Perhaps you’ve had a laugh when you hear people talking through their hat about a machine you work on, a technique you know, … Continue reading