- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Homelessness: A 3-Part Series on Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Introduction
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- An Infertility Choice – Egg Donation
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Help You Decide Whether to Go for Your BSN
- This Simple Activity from Medical Improv Can be Used to Develop Empathy
Category Archives: Medical Improv
We’ve been struggling with communication and collaboration in healthcare forever. One reason for this is that speaking up requires taking on more power and listening requires sharing it. These skills also interface with our ability to lead and follow and … Continue reading
The River Guild is a holistic health collective with community space serving Concord and Central New Hampshire. Their classes include yoga, healthy eating seminars, meditation, reading groups, author events, mindful parenting, art and children’s classes. Their philosophy is grounded in the firm belief … Continue reading
As an applied improv teacher, nurse, woman, mother, sister, and friend, I think a lot about communication! I study the impact it has on outcomes in healthcare such as patient safety, patient experience, morale, and utilization of resources. I reflect … Continue reading