- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Promising Statistics For The Nursing Profession
- Nursing Career Path Options-Fantastic New Report Available Now!
- Homelessness-Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Part I: Who are they?
- Changes for 2018: The Need to Incorporate Inclusive Practices in Healthcare HR
- Consolidating Your Debt
Category Archives: Medical-Legal
Daniel Goleman, the psychologist well-known for bringing the term emotional intelligence into mainstream culture with his ground-breaking book, Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ describes empathy as an important component of social competence. In a more recent … Continue reading
by Attorney, Tim Becker For every doctor working in the US right now, there are more than 5 nurses. Forget the backbone. Nurses are the organs, glands and muscles of America’s healthcare system. But more often than not, these crucial … Continue reading
5 Things I’d Want a Plaintiff Attorney to Be Aware of/Ask About if My Loved One Fell in a Long-term Care Facility
Not all falls are preventable if we are going to honor patient’s independence which of course we should. Not all falls result in injury thankfully, but sometimes they do and sometimes injuries are serious or even fatal. In April 2014, … Continue reading