- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Homelessness: A 3-Part Series on Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Introduction
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- An Infertility Choice – Egg Donation
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Help You Decide Whether to Go for Your BSN
- This Simple Activity from Medical Improv Can be Used to Develop Empathy
Tag Archives: communication dementia
As rational judgment and situational awareness deteriorate with progressive forms of dementia, folks may want things that aren’t realistic or safe such as driving a car or leaving a secure unit in a long-term care facility. Each individual has different … Continue reading
Recently we held a funeral service for my mom. She had Azheimer’s disease for the past ten years. I found a way to effectively communicate with mom right up until her death and would like to share with you. … Continue reading