- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- When Mrs. Smith Wants to Set Her Hair on Fire! Exploring the gap between honoring a desire & keeping folks safe!
- College Scholarships & Financial Aid for LGBTQ Students
- Resources and Expert Advice for Transgenger College Students
- LNA Uses Emotional Intelligence to Help a Resident in Distress!
- From Visionary Idea to State of the Art Program! AON 5-Nurses Week 2018
Tag Archives: empowering patients
As an applied improv teacher, nurse, woman, mother, sister, and friend, I think a lot about communication! I study the impact it has on outcomes in healthcare such as patient safety, patient experience, morale, and utilization of resources. I reflect … Continue reading
By Alene Nitzky, Ph.D. RN OCN I’m not sure who said it originally, but it’s been said that we have two ears, but just one mouth, for a reason. Listening is what we do when we take the time to build … Continue reading
by Melinda Fouts, Ph.D., Global Executive Coach “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ~ Aristotle While contemplating on the quote above, I would have to say that Aristotle was addressing a major component of emotional intelligence, … Continue reading