- What if Religious Leaders Aligned Against Violence?
- Sponsor a Medical Improv Event!
- Hello fellow health care workers! (A fun & popular guest post by Marguerite Walker)
- Salary Negotiations: The Do’s and Don’ts of Asking for a Raise!
- Let’s Focus More on Listening to Improve Communication in Healthcare!
- Launch into the Wonderland of Medical Improv with this Podcast Interview!
- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- Shortcuts in Medication Administration: Why Do We Do It Wrong If We Know How to Do It Right? (and We Do!)
- Communication Dynamics & Patient Safety in the Operating Room: Insights for Surgeon, Nurse, Patient Advocate & Administrative Leaders
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Confident Body Language Builds Assertiveness: Harvard Professor Proves Hormonal Changes in 2 Minute Power Poses
- Open Letter to The Senate Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging re: 7/14 Hearing on Patient Safety: "More than 1,000 Preventable Deaths a Day is Too Many"!
- 3 Faces of Bullying Common in Hospital Settings
Tag Archives: healthcare communication
The Joint Commission has some great resources on their “Speak Up Initiative“. Maybe we need one for listening. Here is a sample initiative to get you started! ABC Hospital Listening Initiative Welcome to ABC Hospital! We recognize that listening to our … Continue reading
Holistic career coach and expert career blogger for Nurse.com, Keith Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC shares essential insights about nurses and assertiveness. In his work as a Nurse Coach, he has a keen awareness about the challenges that female nurses face … Continue reading