- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Exciting News! Wendell Potter’s Journalism Project (Tarbell) to Educate Us About Important Issues!
- Passive, Aggressive, & Passive-aggressive Behaviors as a Consequence of Lack of Listening
- Third Door #5: Overheard Mean Conversation!
- Why Selling Trumpcare with “Patient-Centered Care” Sickens the Primary Care Doctor
- “Kindness”, by Dr. Mike Grossman! Lots of helpful wisdom in this nurse leader’s book!
Tag Archives: listening skills for healthcare professionals
Do you ever wonder why passive-aggressive, passive, and even aggressive behaviors (like bullying) are so common among nurses? Part of the reason is that the skills for speaking up assertively involve challenging personal development in emotional intelligence. (I am working … Continue reading