- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Exciting News! Wendell Potter’s Journalism Project (Tarbell) to Educate Us About Important Issues!
- Passive, Aggressive, & Passive-aggressive Behaviors as a Consequence of Lack of Listening
- Third Door #5: Overheard Mean Conversation!
- Why Selling Trumpcare with “Patient-Centered Care” Sickens the Primary Care Doctor
- “Kindness”, by Dr. Mike Grossman! Lots of helpful wisdom in this nurse leader’s book!
Tag Archives: nurse overload
Why Teaching Nurses to Be Assertive for Patients AND Themselves is Essential for Safe Care and Cultures
In an earlier post I highly recommended a TED Talk by Leilani Schweitzer, whose little boy, Gabriel’s heart stopped while hospitalized. All of the alarms that he was hooked up to off had been turned off by a nurse. Leilani … Continue reading
Former ICU Patient, Kathy Torpie’s Story about a Nurse Who Made a Lasting Impression & a Brief Op-ed about the Time Involved!
This youtube offers a patient’s perspective of what it is like to be in ICU and how important one nurse was in his approach to care. Special because he included her in conversation and well, it’s only 4 min you … Continue reading