- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Overtime Pay For Salaried Workers?
- Looking for More Joy in Your Nursing Career? “Aspire to Be Inspired” is a Book that Can Help!
- Do Real Nurses and Doctors Care About Rock and Roll?
- “Gibberish Talk Show Host” A Way to Help Nurses & Doctors Practice Sharing Power!
- LifeGift Staff Impacted by Harvey. A Way to Gift Back?
Tag Archives: nurse overload
Why Teaching Nurses to Be Assertive for Patients AND Themselves is Essential for Safe Care and Cultures
In an earlier post I highly recommended a TED Talk by Leilani Schweitzer, whose little boy, Gabriel’s heart stopped while hospitalized. All of the alarms that he was hooked up to off had been turned off by a nurse. Leilani … Continue reading
Former ICU Patient, Kathy Torpie’s Story about a Nurse Who Made a Lasting Impression & a Brief Op-ed about the Time Involved!
This youtube offers a patient’s perspective of what it is like to be in ICU and how important one nurse was in his approach to care. Special because he included her in conversation and well, it’s only 4 min you … Continue reading