- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Promising Statistics For The Nursing Profession
- Nursing Career Path Options-Fantastic New Report Available Now!
- Homelessness-Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Part I: Who are they?
- Changes for 2018: The Need to Incorporate Inclusive Practices in Healthcare HR
- Consolidating Your Debt
Tag Archives: nurse overload
Why Teaching Nurses to Be Assertive for Patients AND Themselves is Essential for Safe Care and Cultures
In an earlier post I highly recommended a TED Talk by Leilani Schweitzer, whose little boy, Gabriel’s heart stopped while hospitalized. All of the alarms that he was hooked up to off had been turned off by a nurse. Leilani … Continue reading
Former ICU Patient, Kathy Torpie’s Story about a Nurse Who Made a Lasting Impression & a Brief Op-ed about the Time Involved!
This youtube offers a patient’s perspective of what it is like to be in ICU and how important one nurse was in his approach to care. Special because he included her in conversation and well, it’s only 4 min you … Continue reading