- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- Wouldn’t Every Community Benefit from a Holistic Health Collective Like the River Guild?
- Article Highlighting Alan Alda’s Work in Communicating Science & The Emerging Field of Medical Improv
- How The Law Of Attraction Might help Nurses and Patients!
- Are You Suffering From Shift Work Sleep Disorder?
- Effective Communication Calls Upon Us to Share Power….Hmmmmmm, maybe that’s why it is so hard?
Tag Archives: Nurse Staffing
I think Single Payer Health Insurance (aka Medicare for ALL) is the most socially conscious, cost-effective, and morally responsible way to go! Medicare, one of our nation’s most valuable and popular social programs, turns 50 on July 30. Medicare is … Continue reading
By Ruth Hansten, RN, BSN, MBA, PhD, FACHE Pressure ulcers, pneumonia, readmissions, wound infections, patient deconditioning leading to additional care: all of these healthcare acquired issues can be related to omitted basic care such as turning, repositioning, ambulation, hygienic care, hydration … Continue reading
This set of guidelines is an exclusive excerpt from a new online continuing education course for nurses I’ve created with Pedagogy online learning systems. The course is called 4 Essential Communication Strategies that Promote Patient Safety and this excerpt is … Continue reading