- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- When Mrs. Smith Wants to Set Her Hair on Fire! Exploring the gap between honoring a desire & keeping folks safe!
- College Scholarships & Financial Aid for LGBTQ Students
- Resources and Expert Advice for Transgenger College Students
- LNA Uses Emotional Intelligence to Help a Resident in Distress!
- From Visionary Idea to State of the Art Program! AON 5-Nurses Week 2018
Tag Archives: nursing from within
Elizabeth Scala, MSN/MBA and I have known each other for a few years now and have enjoyed collaborating on a few projects. I recall when she was just starting out with her entrepreneurial dreams, a path I had been on … Continue reading
Great news! I was recently interviewed on ‘Your Next Shift’, the most innovative internet show that blends helps nurses thrive in their careers. My podcast interview can be found here: http://elizabethscala.com/author-to-improv-this-nurse-tells-all-eps-006/. In my podcast, I discussed: Why having ideal … Continue reading
The Joint Commission has been advocating for assertiveness training for nurses since the turn of the century when speaking up about concerns and psychological safety became spotlight issues for patient safety. What ‘we’ didn’t do, IMHO is ensure that training, … Continue reading