- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
Tag Archives: staffing ratios nursing
William J. Baumol et al., The Cost Disease: Why Computers Get Cheaper But Health Care Doesn’t, New Haven, Yale University Press, 2012 Book Review by Jim Murphy This is an important book. Because of its technical nature, it may be … Continue reading
The increasing importance of healthcare organizational issues is evident from the fact that almost every issue of the Harvard Business Review (arguably the world’s most important management periodical) now has an article in this area. The latest, in the current … Continue reading
How CEOs, Managers, and Healthcare Professionals can Join the Revolution: Turning Our Big Fat Mess into Safe, Quality Care!
Author: Lynn McVey, Chief Operating Officer, Meadowlands Hospital, NJ During a webinar with Beth Boynton, RN from www.confidentvoices.com I publicly confessed I was not always a big fan of nurses. That all changed the week I spent several overnights in … Continue reading