- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Homelessness: A 3-Part Series on Facing Deeper Questions about this Complex & Global Issue-Introduction
- Medical Improv Presentations-Who, What, & Where!
- An Infertility Choice – Egg Donation
- How Emotional Intelligence Can Help You Decide Whether to Go for Your BSN
- This Simple Activity from Medical Improv Can be Used to Develop Empathy
Tag Archives: through the eyes of the healthcare workforce
As you may know, I have a consulting role with an exciting software as a service company called ManageUp PRM. I’ll be joining co-founders Lan Nguyen and Greg Hunter as exhibitors at the Connected Health Symposium Conference in Boston today through Friday Oct 30, … Continue reading
By Randall B Charpentier, Peggy Berry, & Beth Boynton Randall Charpentier: Healthcare recently is raging with headlines as institutional leaders transform their business model to a quality-based, financially incentivized system from a quantity-based reimbursement model. With this rapid transformation, another … Continue reading
Preventing Costly CMS Fines for Readmissions due to HAIs Part V: The Impact of Technological Advances
By Randall B. Charpentier, HEM, President/Principal Consultant: HealthSafe New England CMS recently released their initial report on fines issued to hospitals for having too many patients return within a month for additional treatments. In my previous posts, I provided an introduction to … Continue reading