- Helping Corporate Cultures Shift in a Positive Way
- Curious to Learn Medical Improv? The 1st One at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine was Amazing! Check Out 2nd One at University of Washington School of Medicine this May!
- Should Patients, Families, & Advocates Know @ Staffing Shortages and Staff Turnover?
- Nurse Overload: The Risks to Employee and Patient
- "Code Black" A Worthwhile Documentary about Emergency Room Docs, L.A. County Hospital, & a Quest for Ideals
- Patients May Have a Right to Fall AND We Have a Duty to Minimize the Risk!
- What Triggers a Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & What Should, but Doesn't? Part II-What Health Care Professionals & Patient Advocates Need to Know
- The American Nurse! An Inspiring Movie-Please See It When You Can
- Overtime Pay For Salaried Workers?
- Looking for More Joy in Your Nursing Career? “Aspire to Be Inspired” is a Book that Can Help!
- Do Real Nurses and Doctors Care About Rock and Roll?
- “Gibberish Talk Show Host” A Way to Help Nurses & Doctors Practice Sharing Power!
- LifeGift Staff Impacted by Harvey. A Way to Gift Back?
Tag Archives: VHA
Understanding the many roles of healthcare professionals can be confusing and the last thing we need is misinformation from journalists. Although she is entitled to have her own opinion about nurses and nurse practitioners, McCaughy’s 1/5/2015 New York Post piece is pretty dangerous since … Continue reading
“He had his whole life ahead of him…” Raising Awareness about Veteran Suicides & “Out of the Darkness” Walks
“Out of the Darkness” Walks take place all over the country at different times to raise awareness and money for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, (AFSP) and to decrease stigma and of course, suicide. Research estimates over 20 Veteran … Continue reading
Reassuring the VHA, Healthcare Consumers, & 60 Physician Groups about Advanced Practice Registered Nurses Providing Safe, Quality Care to Veterans
Not too long ago, I wrote a post about 40 professional nursing groups who were supporting the Veterans Health Affairs (VHA) plan to update it’s nursing handbook and empower Advanced Practice Registered Nurses to provide care under their own licensure … Continue reading